Monday, July 4, 2016

"I stopped enjoying and playing sports..."


I was released at 67 years old, a few weeks after I finally realized I was tongue tied. I had both upper and lower lip ties and a posterior tongue tie. 

Overall the symptoms were not apparent to those around me but the left side of my body was so much tighter than the right. I could not roller skate as I had poor control of the left leg- I did not realize that until I got better control with release! We start our compensations early so we do not even recognize them. There is more of my story on mobimotherhood.org in the 3 tot pieces. When I realized I was not good in sports, I stopped enjoying them and playing sports altogether. I could not run much without getting a stitch in my left side, I could not throw a ball straight, I always drifted to the left. 

I had constipation issues, toothaches, ear aches that I now know were related to the restrictions. 

As an adult I was tightening up more every year. I was limping and even constant chiropractic work could not keep it in check, my left thigh was tight, hard to cross my legs- so many things we associate with getting old were related to my restrictions.

It would have changed my life drastically if the ties were addressed when I was an infant. 

~Beverly Theresa Durocher Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment