Monday, April 17, 2017

"3 weeks out from revision and tonsils are almost completely normal!"

I started down this rabbit hole over the summer of 2016. My youngest was 2. Had been in speech therapy starting at 22 months (give or take). He was literally non-verbal. By age 2, he maybe had 5-10 words and you couldn't understand any of them. He was horribly tied.  6 months of speech therapy had not improved his understandability. He was revised at 2 years 4 months and immediately starting talking and frankly, hasn't shut up since.   He just turned 3 and is almost completely caught up with his speech.  Unfortunately, he does have some minor posterior reattachment and we will have to have him revised again - stretches were very very hard at this age.

After his experience, I started researching ties in my older son who's 6 (and even in myself). My oldest saw two preferred providers - one said he wasn't tied. The other said he was tied, but no reason to revise it as there were no speech issues. That was August 2016.  In December 2016, his tonsils blew up. He hadn't been sick, so we didn't know they were swollen.  They were swollen for 4 months. Took him to a different preferred provider and sure enough, he was tied and he offered to perform the procedure using Versed.  Current date 4/17 - he's 3 weeks out from his revision and his tonsils are almost completely normal. (He had ear tubes and adenoid removed at age 3 - way beyond normal age for those - and I wish I'd started with his tongue. But I didn't know what I didn't know).

Me - I am 43. I am 4 weeks out from revision. I have had immense success. I was horribly symptomatic, but didn't have speech issues. My TMJ is almost completely gone. No popping, clicking in my jaw. I still clench a little at night - but that's stress for me also. Headaches gone. Forward head tilt gone. My shoulders were always drawn forward - I compare it to the posture of constantly carrying a child - my shoulders are now back and I have perfect posture.  So don't think you are too old!! It's beneficial for adults also!

~ Kim Berbel

No comments:

Post a Comment