Saturday, October 8, 2016

A post of encouragement

A post of encouragement 💜 I feel like I've read a lot of panicked post on this page lately and I just wanted share what I hope to be some strength or even a glimmer or hope of some of you. I was in your exact shoes 2 months ago! I think I posted everyday for the first week or so. Looking back at our 2nd revision, it feels like ages ago. We now have a happy, healthy, chubby little boy 💙 He had a severely restricted tongue tie and lip tie at birth. The tongue was clipped before we were discharged and we were given no aftercare instructions. Well.... scar tissue formed and it reattached. It caused SOOOOOO many issues.... weight loss, pain in the car seat,
gas, a severe case of mastitis for myself... YOU NAME IT! My LC caught it and sent us to an ENT. He caught the lip tie and wanted to address both by putting him under. NO NO NO NO! I had a gut feeling that it was too early of an age (10 weeks at the time) and unnecessary so I sought guidance from these support pages! And thank goodness I did because I was referred to a great dentist who did the procedure without anesthesia and was extremely thorough.  The first week was hell! We were all in tear. BUT it only got better after that. He is packing on the pounds, doesn't scream in pain while riding in the car, and is overall just a really happy baby! I caught myself 2nd guessing the procedure countless times a day during the 1st week but after seeing results, I knew and felt confident I did what was best for him 💙 Hang in there Mommas! You are all amazing!
~ Stacia Schluttenhofer

No comments:

Post a Comment